Delivering Your Soccer Practice (Operation Get Active)
|Dates at Hixon Community Center - 5401 School Dr, Hixson, TN 37343||Time||Ages||Places||Price|
|September 09||5.30pm - 8.30pm||18 - 90||59||FREE|
- Are you looking to improve the quality of your training sessions?
- Do you want to provide a fun, enjoyable, learning environment?
This is a course that is designed for soccer coaches who wish to elevate their coaching practice so that players can learn in a fun, challenging environment. The course adapts classical coaching theory in order to make it relevant to the soccer game. By joining this course, you will be improving your own coaching competencies and understanding of soccer.
What topics will you cover?
The course is arranged under the following areas:
- Why do we coach? (Benefits of developing the person first and the player second)
- Coaching vs Learning (Specificity /Transfer)
- Skill Development (Using the Specificity scale)
- Creativity (Supporting players to find solutions for unpredictable situations)
- Problem Solving Games (Developing Thinking Players)
- Using Constraints in your practice
- Delivering your Session
- Learning Environment
What will you achieve?
After attending this course, you will achieve the following:
- You will get a certificate confirming your competencies
- You will receive a "Small Sided Games' book to support your delivery
- You will improve your knowledge about the latest soccer coaching techniques
- You will gain confidence when deliver a soccer practice
- You will learn more about soccer generally
Who is the course for?
You should consider this course if:
- You are new to coaching and want to learn more about professional practice
- You are already a good coach, but want to improve your professional practice
- You have been given an opportunity to coach elite athletes and wish to support them well
- You are already an established coach, but wish to update your competencies
- You are studying soccer coaching and wish to identify areas of further research
- You are generally interested in soccer coaching
- You are a soccer parent wishing support your child and other soccer players
- You are a trainer or other member of staff that wishes to improve their knowledge about the game